Monday, November 26, 2012

Owl I Want For Christmas :)

I'm so smitten with the "Winter Owl" stamp set from Lawn Fawn! You can see the fall card I used the owl on HERE. Today, I wanted to incorporate the holiday sentiment and make a tag for one of my hubby's gifts.

I cut the scalloped heart and layers from the Sweethearts cricut cartridge at 4.5" as my tag base and I love how it turned out!


ACK! Isn't it so cute. I have red/white wrapping paper that will really make it pop. I did some reverse stamping with owl to make another owl facing the opposite direction. Very easy to do, with a little patience ;) They are each paper pieced with grey/kraft cardstock and red/green patterned papers. You know I couldn't resist adding googly eyes!


Another thing that took a little bit of patience, but SO easy - was masking the sentiment so I could stamp it out horizontally under my little owl sweethearts. The finishing touch was adding the itty bitty heart stamp to the centers of the snowflake background.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.. I'm ready to pack away the fall decorations and start singing carols ;)

I'm sharing my tag at the Lawnscaping Challenge



and at Paper Issues - Holiday Happy theme  :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

This is so adorable Suzy! Love these owls and the eyes! Too cute!

http://thepaperretreat.blogspot.com

MS said...

So stinkin' cute! Love the googly eyes you added too! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

jenn shurkus said...

i absolutely LOVE this lil owl ;) and use him a ton too- there is so much you can do with him :)

love your tag!
thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!!

Yainea said...

This is adorable! I love the way you stamped the sentiment and the little hearts on the patterned paper, the whole card is super cute!

Tamara said...

oh my, lovely tag!!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...