Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Walk To Remember

When I saw this sketch challenge last week at Let's Scrap, I knew it would be perfect for a wedding layout. I had been going back and forth about scrapbooking myself walking down the aisle. I choose this layout for the momentous occasion because I could have a special place for personal journaling.
Here is the left hand side of the sketch. I used an 8x10 photo and a flower from my blogging friend Tessa's shop Precocious Paper. I love those pearl brads and my go to white journaling pen from Reminisce. The border strip at the bottom is from Cosmo Cricket's Ever After collection.

Here is the right hand side of the layout. I used a sheet of decorated vellum for the pocket, stitching it with creme on 3 sides. The 2nd flower is adhered to the pocket only at the bottom. There is hidden journlaing inside. The title is from one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books/movies.


Here is what they look like together.


And to the side without the glare, you can also see the dimension in the flowers.


Thanks for taking a peek !


3 comments:

April said...

Beautiful as always Suzanne. :) You sure did make a beautiful bride...
- April

Kristie W. said...

Gorgeous layouts! The flowers are so neat!s

Tessa Buys said...

Gorgeous layout! And those flowers.... :). If you use flickr, you should upload your photos to the Precocious Paper group. I'd be honored to have your layout in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...