Sunday, February 21, 2010

Why I Scrapbook

I've been kind of stuck lately with layouts... shifting paper and pictures back and forth on my desk all week. My husband asked me tonight "why do you scrapbook?" As I rattled off why I love this hobby, I decided to use that as journaling for this layout and it came together so quick!

I used Sketchy Thursday's March guest design team sketch. Another part of the requirements was to use an 80's theme, with a hot pink/black/white color scheme.

I've had these Love, Elsie papers for a while. I bought them at a local scrapbook store because I thought they were so neat. This was the perfect challenge for them. It reminds me of the 80's black lights and loud/bold colors. I used white, black and pink for the journaling circles at the top.


I love how it turned out! Very different, but that is why I love sketches and challenges - it inspires me to stretch my creativity.

One of my resolutions was to take my scrapbooking to the next level. Guest designing for Sketchy Thursday would an awesome first step! :)

4 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

Super cute! I love it!

heidi said...

This is too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us!!! - Heidi, Sketchy Thursdyas

Michelle said...

Great job! I like the paper, too!

Sue said...

Great work Suzanne. Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...