Friday, February 11, 2011

Born to be..

This was a tough layout to make but one that has been on my mind for awhile! As many of you know, my hubby and I are trying to start a family. As I was going through old pictures, almost every one of me - I'm holding a babydoll and playing house. I always new I wanted to be a Mom.

I was inpsired to use this month's new "sweet spot" release from Precocious Paper.

Mustard and Plum - Sweet Spots - Paper and Felt Embellishments

I went out of my "matching/coordinating everything" box and contrasted the purples and yellows with the greens in Basic Grey's "Origins" collection.

For the layout design, I used this recent Page Maps sketch.



The journaling explains how I've always been a caretaker (and still am) in many ways while I prepare for motherhood. And as we began to tell people of our fertility plans, one asked "are you sure you are ready for this?" and my hubby replied without skipping a beat "She was born ready." So glad he gets me! I've very lucky to have him by my side.

A few close ups of the embellishments!



I used my new We R Memory Keepers "Sew Easy" to do the random zig zag stitching. I really love the results!

Be sure to check out Tessa's blog to see a sneak peek of her March Sampler that Windy played with. The Precocious Paper store is also blooming with new goodies too!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a great weekend. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

patti west said...

I love a lo that tells a story!! This is your story, Suzanne...and your lo is beautiful! Such a sweet photo and journaling. Thanks for sharing! hugs, patti

April said...

I absolutely love it Suzanne. :)
- April

Yara said...

Love your layout!! Love Tessa flowers too! Love reading your story!

It brought memories of myself when I was your age. I tried to have a family for two years before having my first son. I really thought that I was not able to have kids. And look at me!! They just came at the perfect time! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Love this LO and the title is awesome!!! Will be lifting that title for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...