Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Christmas in July!

I know, I know, we're in the middle of 90 degree temperatures and we're fa-la-la-la ing at The Paper Variety this week!! But, we have an amazing sponsor prize and a special TWIST in this week's challenge... you can't help but get in the holiday spirit.


That's right!! Our Christmas "gift" to you -- unlimited entries this week ONLY!! :)

So go ahead and get a head start on those holiday cards, catch up on your Christmas photos from years past, and/or create a holiday themed gift to give (you know before the hustle and bustle of December takes over). Upload them all!

We have a new sponsor this week! Check out what Scraptastic Club is offering to our winner:


I created a layout featuring my husband and I all dressed up for his company's black tie Christmas party.  I used the left side of this week's Sketchy Thursday sketch:


I love these photos and was excited to scrapbook them for this week's TPV challenge.

(click to view larger)

I used one of my favorite holiday collections, Basic Grey "Jovial".  I inked all my layers, including my photos in black ink. I used 2 different sized scallop border punches/scissors for the edging.


I used the "the most wonderful time of the year" along the bottom and birdie from the chipboard embellishments. My title shape is from the Storybook cartridge.


There ya have it!  Stop by The Paper Variety to see what the rest of our {{new}} Team A design team created and enter your holiday projects all week!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Judy said...

What a great layout... and Christmas in July is the best.
Have a great day.
Judy

L.B. said...

your layout is so great. The colors are awesome.

Sue said...

Such a beautiful page Suzanne. Those photos are awesome. I love all the inking you did and the 2 different border punches are the perfect touch.

Jamilie said...

Fantastic holiday layout! Love it!

Unknown said...

Love the papers and how you angled the photos! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

Pam Pritzl said...

Suzy, I love this! Christmasy without being too Christmasy! The inking and border punches are great! You and your hubby are so cute together! I'm so excited to get to work with you this term!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! I loveeeeeeeee the photos and that little bird! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sandi said...

What gorgeous pictures of a beautiful couple. So much fun to do Christmas projects in July! Awesome use of the sketch...love those papers and your inking is perfect!

Karen said...

This is a great layout! Love this BG line too :)

Unknown said...

Christmas in July! Kind of hard to think of Christmas when its in the 90's. lol Thanks for Hoppin along over at Frosted Designs Blog Hop and leaving a comment on my blog. I am a follower of yours too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...