Friday, January 15, 2010

Say Yes To The Dress

I printed off pictures today especially for this sketch challenge from Let's Scrap! I used the "wallets" feature to make my photos at the bottom proportionate. I mixed it up and put my title on the left side of the page (where the 2 smaller photos are) and my journaling on the right side of the page (in addition to 2 cropped pictures).


I decided to scrapbook my fun day of trying on dresses, in search of the perfect wedding dress. The "list journaling" challenge at Scrappin-N-Chattin was perfect for this because I numbered my favorites and told a little about each one.

I used DCWV Sweet Stack for the background, cutting 2 1/2 inches from the bottom and flipping it so that the white scallop lace was facing down instead of up. The journaling on the next page says "3 generations. 2 hour appointment. 1 wedding dress." That is my grandma and mom with me.


I'm so glad my Mom took TONS of pictures that day. Here I am looking in the mirror after trying on "the one". And my smiling, yet panicked face, as I paid for the first wedding expense. Click on the photo to enlarge, if you are interested in the journaling.

Here is how they look together. I used pink vinyl thickers for the numbers at the bottom and my Cricut/SCAL for the title (inspired by the TLC show).

So here is my dilemma~ does this layout go in the wedding scrapbook, regular chronological scrapbook (mixed in with our spring layouts because that is when I bought it), or do I do a separate album of wedding "prep" stuff and other things I want to save about our day that wouldn't go in the actual wedding album? Any thoughts/advice? :)


3 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

Oh my goodness, I love it!!! What beautiful dresses! I believe that you can scrap photos more than once, so maybe put this layout in one album, and make another dress layout for the other. They're such fun photos to scrap, you might as well scrap them again :).

Michelle said...

I love love love love this layout. I actually almost got dress 6 too, but vetoed it for the same reasons. If it's any help, I put all the wedding prep stuff in my album and even through in a few layouts of the honeymoon too. It all went together in my mind.

Kasey said...

It is beautiful!
A wonderful LO. As previous poster said, I would just make two LO's. One for each album. :)

I also wanted to let you know that on the 'Cinderella Ball Gown' journaling bit, you put grown instead of gown. ;)

Great LO, though. You always do a fabulous job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...