Friday, January 29, 2010

Scrap That Poetry!

It feels good to be scrappin' again after 3 days of not being able to sit at my desk. Why? Because this innocent little face decided to race me down the stairs on Wednesday morning. I won, at the expense of a broken foot in 2 places. I went to step over him and missed the following step, planting down hard 3 steps down.

Luckily, it wasn't as bad as they originally thought and I am in a walking shoe and using crutches for the next 4 weeks or so. While couch bound with my foot elevated the last 72 hours, I was able to surf my favorite blogs and plan out a few layouts.

After having fun with the Scrap That Poetry! blog hop, I used their current Challenge #8 poem - Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening by Robert Frost. I played with my new SEI Winter Song kit. I love the glittery patterned papers. All of the red accents (including alphas) are felt! So pretty.


The black frame is cut from the Winter Bliss collection at SVGcuts.com. I highly recommend their products if you are using Sure Cuts A Lot!

I used part of the negative that cut from the frame on the bottom of the following page. The border on the right is raised in felt, too. I'm not diggin' the rub ons, but I was committed when I started putting them on. Maybe not great to use on black? I don't use rub ons very often so if you have any tips and tricks, I would love to hear.

Here is how they look together.



12 comments:

Kristie W. said...

See I knew Jax had to be involved somehow, I must have missed that little detail on the group.

LOVE the layout! The black is very striking!

Tessa Buys said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you recover perfectly and quickly. That is so not fun. I love your layout! That color combo is fantastic - it's fun to see red with a winter theme (besides Christmas). Thanks for playing at STP and get well soon!!!

April said...

What a face!!! Poor Jax...you know he feels so guilty that his mommy fell. No more races Suzanne, lol!! ;)
- April

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us! Your layout is beautiful and I love your take on the poem!

I hope you recover quickly and get to enjoy some scrapping while you are recovering!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Thanks for playing along with us Suzy! This is a great layout. I hope you have a speedy recovery:)

Sue said...

I'm so glad you were able to scrap. Such wonderful news that that the injury wasn't as bad as they thought. The layout is great. I really have to learn more about my Cricut. Great work.

Jane F. Smith said...

wow...what a stunning page!! love the look of the together!
Thanks for playing at STP!!!

Mary B. said...

Great layout, Suzy! I love the challenge and think you did a wonderful job with it. Very snowy and cozy looking! Sending healing thoughts for your foot!

Mel said...

Suzy, this layout is simply awesome! I love everything about it. I also checked out the challenge blog, and I may participate at some point, so thanks for that. : )

Mel

Kim said...

love it! the cut-out trees look awesome! thanks for playing with STP :)

Elaine. said...

beautiful layouts, oh those dog races down the stairs, so sorry to hear you broke the record, ouch! Hope you heal fast and am glad you can keep busy scrapping
Elaine

glorygirl said...

Hope your foot recovers and heals quickly. At least you don't have to stand to be able to scrap :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap That Poetry! Your layout makes me want to go play on my Cricut.....right now :-) The two pages look great together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...