Friday, September 2, 2011

Graduate!

TGIF!! My first graders walked (well.. ran.. lol) through the doors on Wednesday and since then it's been a three day whirlwind! I'm SO exhausted, but it's been a great first week back to school. I've got a wonderful class this year and my student teacher and I are finding our rhythm :)

I was so happy to get a chance to make a layout tonight. And since I was school mode, I wanted to play with my new Basic Grey "Oxford" collection.

I used the latest Sketchy Thursday sketch (I mirrored it, though):


I scrapbooked my "baby" brother's high school graduation photo, taken earlier this summer.


Plaid and polka dots? I'm getting brave! It must be sleep deprivation. But I think I like it ;)

I tried to make a ribbon loop, but it kept fraying when I put the brads through, so I just used some patterned paper scraps...I think I like that look better lol. Funny how those things work out. And who doesn't love Basic Grey's glazed brads? Addicting!


I used a 12"x1" strip of paper to make the "banner" at the bottom in place of the border. I cut my title on my cricut.


I embellished the other side of the banner with the layered stickers ("pops") from the same collection. Love the plaid apple!!!



Thank so much for stopping by today. Hope you had a great week! :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Karen said...

*LOVE* how you made the banner. So simple but I would never have though of that on my own!

Pat N. said...

Very nice layout and the plaid and polka dots look great together--Pat N.

L.B. said...

Great layout. Hope your school year goes well. My student teacher will nto arrive until Jan.

Hannah said...

Lovely LO Suzy, love that new basic grey range, might have to invest in that :)

TeenaBugg38 said...

awesome layout!! Our kiddos have been back for a month now and the newness of going back has worn off...lol.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the way you added the announcement! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Love the masculine colors and the little tag peeking out at the top. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

lisa said...

Great PAGE !
Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xx

Christy said...

LOOOVE the detail on this one and the top left corner is AMAZING!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...