Thursday, July 26, 2012

Christmas in July :)

Whew.. it is soooo HOT here! Feels funny making a snowman card in this heat, but it did make me feel just a LITTLE bit cooler ;) It's Mary's "Christmas in July" prompt this week (use a snowman or snowflake or both!):


Isn't she cute?? I cut the snowman from an .SVG file I had and stamped her with a Peachy Keen face :) I layered her on the blue frame (also cut with an .SVG file) and popped that up to stand out against the red.


The patterned papers are from an older Imaginisnce line.. I wish I could remember the name! lol! It was great to use up some favorite scraps though ;) I embellished with 2 punched snowflakes (from my new-to-me Martha punch!), with some Bo Bunny bling in the center.


The sentiment comes from Scrappy Mom Stamp's  "Sunkissed".. pretty funny for a holiday card, right? That's "Christmas in July" for ya ;) You can check out Mary's challenge HERE. I'm also entering this at My Craft Spot's same themed challenge HERE.

Have a great night! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your snowman card!

sophiesmama said...

Hi Suzy! What a great snowman card!! Love the PK face!! Thanks so much for playing the Christmas in July Challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Jovan said...

Super cute!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

So glad your card cooled you off a bit ;) And your snowman is so so cute!!! Thank you for joining us this week at My Craft Spot :)

Kate said...

This is so fun! The dimension is fabulous - and the sentiment is perfect with your snowman!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

Very cute snowman! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...