Friday, November 13, 2009

Washington Zoo

Hi everyone! It feel so great to be scrapbooking again after a week "off". As I said in my last post, my husband and I went to Washington D.C. for our one year anniversary. Rarely do I scrap pictures of recent events (like last week!) but after these layouts, I'm going to try it do some more often. It's fun to do almost a whole page of journaling because it's fresh in my mind.

I used the Sketch over at Let's Scrap because I could use lots of our zoo pictures. I used the DCWV Animal Crackers stack and chipboard embellishments.

Here is the first page. I love the toucan in the corner; I may go back and add the date on the green space. With 5 photos on the page, I wanted that to be the focus so I didn't add too many extras. The "at the zoo" uses glittery chipboard, I love it!


For the second page, I flipped the sketch on it's side and instead a photo and title, I did a whole 8 1/2 x 11 page of journaling. I like how the 4 circle embellishments mirror the buttons on the previous page. The photo corners at the bottom are also glittery chipboard.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Tessa Buys said...

Scrapping the event so quickly after the event is a good idea! You're right, the journaling is so much more fresh. Great pages! It looks like you had fun!

April said...

So cute! I love how you used so many pics but it doesn't look crowded at all. Great job, my friend! :)
- April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...