Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cricut Cardz - Challenge #73

Let's think summer!! This week's challenge at Cricut Cardz is to create a beach themed card using any colors/cartridges you'd like.

I decided to make one of the square cards on the Life's a Beach cartridge!

I cut the card at 5" on slow speed in yellow. Then, I cut the crab out at many different sizes until I found the right match. For this card, you would need him cut at 2 3/4" inches to fit nicely. 

I cut it out on white. I laid it on a piece of scrap paper and used my clear embossing ink pad to cover it directly. I used a pair of tweezers to hold it, sprinkle red embossing powder on him and then used my heat gun to set it. 

I *love* how it turned out! I did need to do this 3 times, touching up in different spots to get him covered.

Here is a close-up of the embossing.

Stop by Cricut Cardz to check out what the rest of the design team created and enter your cards! :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Your card turned out adorable! Love the embossing! great job
with this weeks challenge! :o)
Theresa (CCC DT)

Karen Aicken said...

This is really cute - I really like the red embossing on the crab. Great idea! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...