Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick Quotes: Father's Day Inspiration

* click HERE * to go jump to the BLOG HOP *


Good morning! Today I am sharing my latest Quick Quotes project :) 

I'm always looking for masculine project ideas. I find it challenging to make any project without ribbon, flowers, or pink lol! Cards for men are especially difficult. Here's a clean cut, simple idea for you!


I started with a standard size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white card base. I cut a one inch stirp from the tall, backside. I cut in 3/4" from the left and right sides, 1 inch down, folding the collar towards the middle. I used the Dreamscape patterned papers for my shirt and tie.


I hand cut the tie and pocket pieces; popping up some of the elements for dimension. I inked around the edges of all my layers with Blue Moon Powder Puff Chalking Ink. I stampe dmy "#1 Dad" sentiment with the same ink.

I hope I've given you an idea for a quick and easy Father's Day card! Happy crafting'!

Quick Quote Supplies:

Stop by the Quick Quotes blog for more details and see what the rest of the design team is creating for Father's Day.

Have a great week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Super fun shaped card. I love the plaid shirt with the tie.Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

I am just loving all these tie cards I have seen for Father's Day. It is just like shopping for ties, so many of them and you never see the same one. Great job!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Lili Sulastri said...

Very pretty card, Suzy.

Lili

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...